Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hope Mahelet Griffith

Today has been a great day. Our agency called us this morning to let us know that the Ethiopian courts approved our adoption. We are now the proud parents of Hope Mahelet Griffith, and we can finally relax and begin to get ready for her arrival.

Our next step in the process is to go to Ethiopia and pick up our daughter. We will travel once we get an embassy date, which should be between 6 to 8 weeks from today.

In the past, our agency allowed us to share pictures after court approval; however, they now ask that we wait until coming home. I must say that I am disappointed not to be able to show off our adorable little girl, but we need to do what is best for adoption. So, everyone will have to trust me when I say that she is absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

I am just so happy for you! I am not sure why I have so much trouble keeping everyone straight on the forum! How old is Hope now? Looks like you guys will be together forever soon!!!!!!!!!Wow!
Chantelle

Leah Reeves said...

Hope is coming to America!!!!

Joshua and Lydia Rich said...

It has been a very long time since I have checked up on your blog. You guys have had a long, hard wait for Mahalet to come home, and we are so so happy that you have finally passed court and are going to get her soon! I saw the pics you posted on the IAN group, and she is so darling (and so different from when we saw her in August)!